Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
HTML output
mcv
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've trolled the fora and have been unable to find a similar issue.
I'm using BIRT 2.3.2 in conjunction with MAXIMO 7.1. Therefore, when reports are run from MAXIMO, they appear in the BIRT Viewer first (HTML output), with the option to export to different formats (PDF, XLS, etc.) from there.
The problem is that the HTML version of the output which appears in the viewer has large amounts of whitespace between certain (not all) row elements, causing the output to look horrible. If I export the report to PDF, all looks fine.
My report layout is set to Fixed, since I wanted more control over column widths in my report. Does this mean that I need to specify row heights as well? Some of my rows are variable in height, so I can't really do that. I'm hoping that I'm just missing a property setting somewhere that will fix this behavior.
Any help would be appreciated!
--MCV
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
It is strange that you see extra content in the Web View. Usually it is the other way around.
Do you have empty rows (Table Headers or Footers with no content)?
Is the Visibility property of these Rows set to only hide in PDF but not on html?
mcv
Thanks for your reply!
Looking more carefully at the Web View, it appears that the extra whitespace coincides with rows whose Visibility has been set to hide conditionally. For these rows, I've selected the "For all outputs" option so that they are hidden as necessary for all outputs, not just PDF.
In any rows that include tables, I have deleted the Header and Footer rows if they are not being used.
(As a side note, in addition to the extra whitespace between rows, my group header, which is repeated at the top of every page, seems to be expanding its height randomly as well in the Web View.)
mcv
Just bumping this thread... if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!
To clarify further, I'm only seeing extra whitespace in the BIRT Viewer launched by MAXIMO when the report is run. Exporting from the BIRT Viewer to PDF looks fine, output in Preview tab of the report designer also looks fine.
I've also tried changing the Layout Preference back to Auto Layout -- no difference.
Thanks!
thuston
This might have been a defect in 2.3.2 but I don't remember it.
Do the rows, cells, or controls have heights set anywhere?
Is it happening with all your reports?
mcv
Thanks so much for your reply, thuston!
Per your suggestion, I went over my report with a fine tooth comb to check for any height settings, using padding settings instead when I needed more space between rows. When that didn't seem to work, I found out that there was a height setting back on the main table of the report that I hadn't set myself, and it was an obnoxiously large number. Maybe when I had resized rows within the table earlier, the overall height setting on the table was adjusting itself somehow? Anyway, clearing that out along with all of the other height settings has fixed my problem!
Thanks again for your help!