Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT and JIRA
cbn
Hi everybody,
I'm a new BIRT user...
I need to create reports that will be available under JIRA tool (using 'JIRA Advanced Report' plugin from Valiantys)
I've created a report using Eclipse Birt and this report uses a 'Scripted Data Set' calling Java code to get report data...
Using Eclipse Birt preview and Birt viewer from Eclipse...all is fine !
But when I want to deploy my report on the JIRA server (under Tomcat) The reports fails to display data (no data available)
Here are the steps I've done to deploy my report:
1 - Create a Jar file containing all the class files needed for the report (from Eclipse)
2 - Copy the ".rptdesign' in the 'Jira Advanced Report' pluging Birt environment (.../Birt/Data/JAR_CROSS_PROJECT)
3 - Copy the Jar file in Birt 'scriptlib' directory
4 - Restart Tomcat
Then I launch the report generation clicking on the '.rptdesign' in the 'Jira Advanced Report' portlet on the JIRA dashboard.
But unfortunately, no data are displayed...
It seems that class files are not found...
The versions I'm using:
- JIRA v3.13.2
- Birt v2.6.1
- Jira Advanced Report plugin v3.0.1
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot for your help :-)
Chris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Chris,
I have not used Jira plugin but does it call the BIRT viewer? Can you set the log level to fine and post the log file?
Jason
cbn
Hi Jason,
Yes the Jira plugin calls the BIRT viewer.
Here are the log files...
Thanks a lot for the analyse
Chris
JasonW
Chris,
It does appear to be an issue with locating the class. Do you have more than one copy of the jar in your classpath? One test would be to write a scripted datasource in java that only depends on standard java classes and deploy it and see if it works. Can you run the attached report (Unzip first) and post the results? Run it in the plugin and then export it to pdf.
Jason
cbn
Thanks Jason,
Here is the result file you ask me to send... with list of loaded Jar files...
Thanks again
Chris
JasonW
Can you try putting the jar in the web-inf/lib instead of the scriptlib directory?
Jason
cbn
I already tried this and unfortunately it doesn't work :wacko:
cbn
Maybe I could put directly the class files (with fully qualified name) instead of the jar file
I'm wondering if the manifest file should contains specific information...
Or maybe the JRE installed on the server is too old...
What is your advice Jason?
Thanks
Chris
JasonW
What JRE are you using? Did you try a simple jar that did not depend on any other classes?
Jason
cbn
In fact, the JRE is the same in the server and Eclipse environment (1.6.0).
Chris
JasonW
Did you try the simple event handler jar?
Jason
cbn
Hi Jason,
I've not tried the simple event handler jar...
I'll try this...
Thanks
Chris
cbn
I've checked the file sent previously (ClassLoaderResult.pdf)
The JAR file is taken into account... So It should work...
About JRE's versions:
In the server the version of JRE is 1.6.0_19
In my Eclipse environment the version of JRE is 1.6.0_21
I'll try to use the 1.6.0_19 or older version in Eclipse
I think the issue comes from JRE version incompatibility.
JasonW
Post what you find.
Jason
cbn
Yes ! It works !
The issue was in fact related to JRE version incompatibilty!
The Jar is copied in the 'WEB-INF/lib' directory and correctly loaded...
And report is correctly displayed using the 'JIRA Advanced Report' plugin.
Thanks a lot for your help Jason
I keep the precious file 'ClassLoader.rptdesign' in my archives
Bye
Chris
JasonW
Chris,
I am glad to know it is working. If you get some time in the future, I would love to see a write-up or Blog on your use of BIRT and JIRA.
Jason
yuanyelss
Do you have more than one copy of the jar in your classpath? One test would be to write a scripted datasource in java that only depends on standard java classes and deploy it and see if it works...