Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Have birt viewer integrated along with other components in jsp
newbieBIRT
Hello all,
I am a newbie in BIRT, and I had a question in integration of BIRT viewer into jsp.
Basically I have an jsp page in which I have integrated birt viewer. The page looks like this. I am using Struts 1.x
<html:form action="test_selection.do">
<TABLE align="center" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0">
<TR><TD valign="top">editAndSubmit.jsp<TD><TR>
<logic:notEqual property="formAction" value="runReport">
<TR><TD valign="top" id=?contentsID?>taskList.jsp<td><tr>
</logic:notEqual>
<logic:equal property="formAction" value="runReport">
<TR><TD valign="top" id=?birtID?>birt.jsp<td><tr>
</logic:equal>
</TABLE>
</html:form>
Above the editAndSubmit.jsp, has some html text box and drop down and ?save?, ?update?,"search" and ?Run Report? button. And birt.jsp is having content
<table><tr><td>
<birt:viewer id="taskReport" format="html" reportDesign="/report/tmTaskReport.rptdesign" height="900" width="900" pattern="frameset"></birt:viewer>
</td></tr></table>
What I want it is when the user submits ?Run Report?, it should go to my action, perform manipulations if any and return back with the result of birt.jsp getting displayed, i.e. the birt viewer displaying the report.
But the problem is when I submit the report, it gives a java script error , when I debug, I see it is giving error on formsubmit of the viewer.
formObj.action = "/tms/frameset?__format=html&__masterpage=true&__report=%2Freport%2F tmTaskReport.rptdesign&__id= taskReport ";
formObj.target = " taskReport ";
formObj.submit( )
Kindly please help.
P.S. - One of my findings was , when I don't have the birt:viewer tag under any <html:form> tag, it works fine.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
newbieBIRT
I know its been while, but can anybody please respond.