Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pie chart outline width line too thin
b2tech
Hello:
Is there a way to increase the line width of the circumference of a pie chart (or slice for that matter). When you render a pie chart in the report developer, the line width -is- slightly darker/thicker than what you get when using the runtime version (2.6) for whatever reason.
There is no picker available do do this in the report designer. I can change the color OK but not set the line width to say 5 pixels.
Anyone know of a way to do this. I am trying to match a client's report.
-- BillH
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Bill,
Currently this is hardcoded to 1. It would be good if you could log a bug for this to make it configurable. If you want to change the code, look at the PieRenderer.java class. The variable is liaEdges and is created like:
liaEdges = goFactory.createLineAttributes( goFactory.BLACK( ),
LineStyle.SOLID_LITERAL,
1 );
Code later in the renderer is used to change the color but not the width.
Jason
b2tech
Thanks Jason,
I greatly appreciate your help.
I will try to make the change (from "1" to a "3") myself. To compile PieRenderer.java, is there a list anywhere of the needed jars files that I need to reference in a classpath for the compile to work?
BillH
JasonW
If you checkout/or download the src from the birt downloads, the project is named org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine.extension. If you use the allinone download to make the mods all you should have to do is import the project into a workspace, make your changes, and then using the first tab of the manifest editor (double click on the plugin.xml) export the plugin. Take the exported plugin and replace the current one in your designer and deployed enviornment.
Jason