Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Computed column error with cross tab and datacubes
silencer
Hi,
I have a problem with the usage of a data set (containing a computed column) in a cross tab data cube. What I did is:
- Created a dataset with a computed column field. The computed column field references to an array provided by another dataset.
- If I insert the dataset with the computed column as a table in my report the report is working fine and it returns the expected result.
- Setting the dataset with the computed column as the primary dataset, I created a cross tab cube. The computed column is set as one of the dimensions of this data cube.
- If I insert this datacube in my report, it gives me the following error.
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
exception.error
Fail to compute value for computed column stagefound.
A BIRT exception occurred: There are errors evaluating script "stageFound[row["STRING_VAL"]];":
How can I use computed columns in a cross tab cube?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you reproduce this error with a computed column that doesn't use an array in that way? Or does it just happen when doing it the way you're doing it? I'm pretty certain I've done a computed column and used it in a crosstab before. Let me know.
silencer
Hi Michael,
I followed your advise and created a computed column (concatenating two column values of the current dataset) not from an array and inserted a datacube based on this dataset. With this configuration the dataset and the datacube is shown correctly in the report. So the problem is with the array coming from another dataset.
Do you have an idea how I can solve the problem with the array used in the computed column?
Regards,
silencer
Hi,
I solved this issue with a joint data set from the dataset that contains the array values for the computed column and the dataset where the computed column is configured. Based on the joint data set I created a cross tab cube. Now one of the dimensions of the data cube is the column where the computed column values are stored. I don't need the array structure and the computed column anymore.
Regards,
mwilliams
Is the other dataSet called before you do this crosstab? You might have tried putting a dummy text element before the crosstab attached to the dataSet you're using the array from and seeing if that solved the issue. Could have just been that the array wasn't created yet. But, if you're satisfied with it the way you have it now, there may be no need for checking.