Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Formatting question
dbh03079
In my report, I have a line in the header of my table that I want to look something like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Student Name: John Doe Grade: 03 Local ID#: 1234
</pre>
<br />
I am trying to determine the best way to have the data elements underlined and have the underline extend to an appropriate width to come close to the next caption. I also need the data elements to start immediately after the caption since the captions will be translated into different languages and might not be the same width in other languages. The location where the caption begins should also remain the same regardless of the language.<br />
<br />
I tried to create a grid with three columns and make the caption and data elements all "inline", but this doesn't seem to allow me to extend the underline like I want.<br />
<br />
If I make a grid with six columns with explicit widths and alternate caption/data/caption/data/caption/data, I could run into issues with the captions wrapping in other languages.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Note, the target output is PDF.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Use the bottom border instead of text underline.
You can only get as close as the edge of the caption controls so you'll have to choose between distance and potential wrapping.
dbh03079
I am currently using the bottom border for the underline. Just wanted to see if there was potentially another way to do it.
Thanks.