Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar Chart depicting ranges of data
jgisler
Hello,
Using BIRT 2.6.1
We have a requirement to build a chart of ranged data.
The data set looks like:
Integer studentId
String studentNumber
String studentName
Integer rangeMinimum
Integer rangeMaximum
The required output is attached.
I am looking for any hints on how to build this. I have tried using the Gantt chart type but it looks like this is intended to be used for dates. I also tried using a bar graph but that bars always start at a 0 value.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Check out the attached chart. You'll need to change the location of the flat file in your dataSource before you can run it. I didn't make a scale to put at the top of the table, but I made the scales on each chart the same, so that you could build a scale. I don't know if this will work for you, but it was worth a shot.
I used a horizontal stacked bar chart and used the min value of the range for the first series (hid this series by making the outline and bar color the background color) and I made the max - min the second series value to get the bar that you see that represents the range.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
jgisler
Thanks for the quick response!
The requirement is that the grid lines appear every 500 points from 0 to 2000. Is there a way to get the grid lines to appear on the chart when the hidden bar is over them?
Is there a way perhaps via an event handler to create a grid for the ID, NAME, RANGE columns?
As is, getting all those grid lines to line up correctly is going to be a nightmare
mwilliams
Here's the best I have so far. I separated the chart into its own cell of a grid NEXT TO the table with the ID's in it. They were sized to line up though, so this may not work for you.
jgisler
Great! Thanks for your help.
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let me know if you have any other questions on this.
gracebirt
still the vertical grid lines are cut. Any solutions. Thanks a lot.
gracebirt
Hello,
The grid lines(vertical) are still dashed when the stacked series was hidden. Any solutions. Thanks a lot.
mwilliams
With this solution, it will always look lighter where the translucent bars pass. As far as the tiny breaks in the line, if you make the outline translucent, those will be filled in.
zaghry
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107223" data-time="1342487133" data-date="16 July 2012 - 06:05 PM"><p>
With this solution, it will always look lighter where the translucent bars pass. As far as the tiny breaks in the line, if you make the outline translucent, those will be filled in.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hello,<br />
<br />
In the firt gragh included within the table cell,is there a way to have the vertical grid lines continued and drawn across all table horizontal lines that separate each table row ? The goal is keep everything aligned with the table detail rows and have these graph vertical grid lines show also across the whole table height size. Thanks a lot.
mwilliams
With the use of separate charts, like that, I don't think you'll be able to connect the lines across rows.