Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic datasource
Jadoli
hi..
how to pass datasource dynamically in birt report?
I have a birt report..user must be able to select the datasource at runtime..
how to achieve this?
regards,
ramya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
DataSource Property Binding.
You can collect a parameter and set variables that will be used for the DataSource at runtime.
Jadoli
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="73516" data-time="1297967612" data-date="17 February 2011 - 11:33 AM"><p>
DataSource Property Binding. <br />
You can collect a parameter and set variables that will be used for the DataSource at runtime.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
I have done tat..I created a report parameter,then in datasource ->property binding->JNDI URL i placed the value "params["datasource"].value".If the datasource is same for all my reports then its fine.. But i have to generate reports based on different databases.At this point how to achieve this?
Jadoli
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Jadoli'" data-cid="73556" data-time="1298006169" data-date="17 February 2011 - 10:16 PM"><p>
I have done tat..I created a report parameter,then in datasource ->property binding->JNDI URL i placed the value "params["datasource"].value".If the datasource is same for all my reports then its fine.. But i have to generate reports based on different databases.At this point how to achieve this?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
Tks for inputs.. I am publishing more details <br />
<br />
BIRT Report Should accept Database Username, Password, Connection String dynamically whenever we run the report....<br />
<br />
User should provide the details when we run the report ...<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance..
Jadoli
Hi..
I want to use multiple datasources for generating report. I have a BIRT report,it should ask dynamically the DB details and generate the report.How to achieve this?
There must be a flexibility for the user to choose the Database and generate the report.
Regars,
ramya
johnw
Create the parameters for your Data Source.
Then bind them in the Data Source/Property Binding editor to those parameters.
You can have more than 1 data source, and bind to the same parameters, not sure why you would want to.
Alternatively, you can use the reportContext.getDesignHandle().getElementFactory().newOdaDataSource() in either the initialize or the beforeFactory event and add to the Data Sources slot.