Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Performance
mas_h
Hi, <br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT in my java application with Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition.<br />
While investigating the application performance, I come across the following in the log file:<br />
<br />
[2/9/11 12:48:00:416 CET] 0000007d DataEngineImp I Data Engine starts up<br />
[2/9/11 <strong class='bbc'>12:48:00:479</strong> CET] 0000007d odaconsumer I org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager addProfileProviderService( Map ) Added default property service: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.connectionPropertyService<br />
[2/9/11 <strong class='bbc'>12:48:10:077</strong> CET] 0000007d I sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor462 invoke SQL: [SQL QUERY ........] <br />
<br />
The question is, why we have 10 seconds gap between ConnectionManager and SQL execution?<br />
Does it have any backend processes during this time?<br />
Can anybody help to explain this?<br />
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is this the first report you've run? If so, it could be the OSGi startup. Try running it two consecutive times or run this report after running a different report.
mas_h
It looks like the gap is always there whenever I run the report no matter whether it is the first time or not.
mwilliams
Hmmm. Maybe it's taking that long to establish the connection before it can invoke the SQL query. If you make a report with the sample database and do this same logging, does it take the same amount of time?