Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Link from Flash Object
Srividya Sharma
Hi
I am creating a chart from the flash object library, say, a column chart.
I am providing the data to the chart in the specific xml format. ( Flash Variables > dataXML )
I would like to link from the column of this chart to another report/bookmark.
How can I achieve this?
I was trying to provide a value for the link attribute in the set element of the xml.
If this is the right approach, can anyone tell me what value should be given?
Thanks
Srividya Sharma
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you using Actuate 10 or Actuate 11 BIRT? I don't think hyperlinks were available in 10, but are in 11. Let me know.
Srividya Sharma
I am using Actuate 11 BIRT.
mwilliams
In Actuate 11, there is an "interactivity" button in the "value y series" section to allow for hyperlinks or drilldowns from a flash chart.
Srividya Sharma
I am trying to achieve the same result from a flash object in the library.
I am not using the Flash Chart from the palette.
mwilliams
Oh. Gotcha. I would guess that since flash chart interactivity was just added in 11 that it's probably not an option. Are you wanting to drill down through each bar in the flash object chart? Or just if they click on the chart you want to go do something?
Srividya Sharma
Drill down through each bar in the flash object chart - this is exactly what I want.
mwilliams
I don't know of a way you'll be able to do that currently. I'll ask around and see if I can come up with something. If I do, I'll post it in here!
Srividya Sharma
Thank you. I hope you find a way out.
Srividya Sharma
Hi
I got a small hint on how to go about this.
We have to specify the value for the link attribute in the following format:
link='n-/iportal/executereport.do?__requesttype=immediate%26invokesubmit=true%26__executableName=/Employee/State_Drilldown_FlashMapExample.rptdesign'
Now, here I am confused about the value for __executableName.
What path do we specify here? Is it relative to the current document or relative to the root?
Thanks in advance,
Srividya
Srividya Sharma
Finally I figured it out!<br />
<br />
The value for __executableName has to contain the path to the report <strong class='bbc'>relative to the root</strong>.<br />
<br />
And this will work when published to the iServer. <br />
( To make it work in Preview / View in Web Viewer in BRD, we might need to have same folder structure as in iServer. Haven't tried this part yet. )<br />
<br />
So, in the example I had quoted earlier, the value goes as follows:<br />
<br />
__executableName==/Employee/State_Drilldown_FlashMapExample.rptdesign<br />
<br />
where Employee is a folder within the root in the iServer.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps others who stumble upon the same issue.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Srividya Sharma