Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
want to produce a "blank" report
dbh03079
I have reports which normally produce a form with information about an individual student. Using the same rptdesign file, I would like to be able to produce a "blank" version of the form without the student information based on a report parameter.
One idea was to replace the query in the beforeopen handler with a query that returns the same columns as the regular query but with blank strings (eg, "select '' as columnname" instead of "select columnname from table"). Due to the number of reports and queries I have, this one is not optimal for me unless I can find a generic way to preprocess my query strings.
Another idea was to modify the data set result fields after my query was run and replace all the values with a blank string using Javascript. But, I'm having trouble trying to get this idea to work.
Any other suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could make a duplication of each report item and then based on the parameter value, drop the appropriate one. If you want it blank based on the parameter, you'd drop the data elements, otherwise, you'd drop the blank ones. Just an idea.