Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting extra columns when exporting to XLS
mgeck
Using version 2.5.1 I created a simple report that's formatted to export to XLS for CSV upload into another app. When I preview the report it looks perfect. When I export to XLS, extra columns are add and the cells under those columns are merged. The report has 20 columns, but the XLS export has 24 columns. I've searched for answers to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. I attached the report and the XLS output file and the report.
Mike
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The XLS emitter tries to recreate your exact layout, so often times, it adds columns to do so. It's a part of the feature of the XLS emitter to display your XLS the same as the other outputs. The Tribix XLS emitter does it in a slightly different way and sometimes has better results, sometimes worse. You could give it a try and see what you get. Otherwise, simplifying your report layout will be the best way to try to clean up the XLS output. Using the Tribix emitter and forcing page breaks between tables could be an option. When you force a page break in the Tribix emitter, it uses the next sheet, so separating your tables over different sheets could be a way of helping the emitter display your layout without extra columns. Just a thought, I don't know that this will for sure help. Good luck!