Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SqlQuery for the selected parameter
ajunuthula
Hi,
I have a table in my database with one of the column names as "pmcid". Some records have pmcid value as some number and some records have pmcid as null.
I have set the parameter in my report design as a list box with values yes and no.
When a use selects yes, the query that displays all the records with pmcid must be displayed and when no is selected,query that displays all the records with the pmcid as null must be displayed.
Can anyone suggest me how to do this.
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could create a new report design with the table that accepts a parameter in the query to check for null or not null values. Like a drill down report. Or you could pass the parameter to your same report you're using and use it in a filter on your table or something.
Hope this helps.
ajunuthula
Am not quite sure I understood you.
Can you explain in more detail.
Thank you.
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll make a simple example.
ajunuthula
2.3.2
mwilliams
Ok. Take a look at this report. It uses the drill through to the same report using a hidden parameter option. I use script in the beforeOpen method of the dataSet to handle the query. "Filter Options" are after the table. Let me know if this helps or not.
ajunuthula
Thank you so much. This helps a lot.