Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
rerunning inlines ?
nipper
We have a template that inserts the date. Originally it was to be a creation date, but now the customer wants it to be update date ?
Since we are using an inline callout, that only runs on the creation of a DCR, not the update of a DCR.
Is there a way to make these run all the time ? Or do I need to rewrite this with formAPI ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
Believe you me: Templating inline callouts are run every time the data capture form is loaded.
You're probably seeing the behavior you're seeing because <default> values are propagated only when there is no current value (including the empty string), i.e., at DCR creation time.
You probably want to use FormAPI for what you want to do.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
nipper
James, thanks for the reply. One question.
Is it possible to reset the <default> value within the DCR ? Since I already have the inline, I would rather try to hack this puppy up rather than rewriting it with FormAPI. (Assuming of course that hacking what I have is easier)
Thanks again
Andy