Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
OdaDataSetHandle CSV queryText
Birt Dev
hi,
I am new to Birt Report design. I am doing a project that dynamically deals with .rptdesign. Same report is generated via different csv file as datasource. The problem is when i set the query text, it performs nothing and always reads the datasource defined in the reportdesign file. I want to set the CSV file dynamically by JAVA executing the report and setting the values by overriding the flat file on run time
Can anyone help?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This devShare post shows how to change the location of the file:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/951-dynamically-changing-the-path-home-for-a-flat-file-datasource/
As for changing the actual file, you can use the queryText variable to change the file. You'll just need to look at the format of the queryText string in the XML Source of your report and match that format when you build the queryText in your beforeOpen method.
Hope this helps.