Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Preview report in BIRT Report Designer
yellap78
I am trying to upgrade our application to BIRT 2.6.1 from 2.2.0. I could open open one of my previously designed report files (.rptdesign) by accepting the upgrade alerts what it suggested.<br />
<br />
But when I preview the report, I get the below error.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/net/ns/AcceptPacket error.</pre>
<br />
I have my oracle driver jar file in expected location (I think it is correct). The odbc14.jar is placed under <br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>birt-rcp-report-designer-2_6_1\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1.v20100909\drivers </strong> folder. <br />
<br />
I am wondering how can this be a problem when the class exists in the JAR file and the JAR file exists in the expected folder...<br />
<br />
Can any one of you suggest, what could be the problem I am facing here.. <br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
YA.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi YA,
Are you able to create a new report using your Oracle database and run it? Maybe it's just an issue with the upgrade of the report. There were many changes between 2.2 and 2.6 that could cause issues.
yellap78
Yes. I could open the new report.
You are correct, there might be multiple changes between the two version. I am trying to understand the changes. Is there any documentation which talks about the change from 2.2.0 to 2.6.1.
Thanks,
YA
mwilliams
Take a look at this:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT_Project_Plan_Archive
It might help give you an idea.