Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DNR script
fbuno
Has anybody got any problems running a DNR script on a target server?
I am trying to but in the log it appears as been run successfully but this is not the case. I am on Windows 2k, OD 5.5.1 SP1
<deployment transactional="no" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="MYDEFINITIONNAME">
<deployNRun>
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="after" state="success">
<script cmd="test.bat" where="D:\iw-home\OpenDeployNG\conf"/>
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The evaluation of the success of a DNR script running, especially on Windows, has been tricky and thus is not always correctly logged in the transcripts. I believe several issues related to this were fixed in 5.5.1 SP2 and/or 5.6 - but I don't recall right off whether or not they were specific to Windows.
However - in your case - I think you will probably have to do something like:
<script cmd="cmd -c \"test.bat\"" where="D:\iw-home\OpenDeployNG\conf"/>
or
<script cmd="cmd -c \"D:\iw-home\OpenDeployNG\conf\test.bat\""/>
or
<script cmd="C:\winnt\system32\cmd -c \"test.bat\"" where="..."/>
or
<script cmd="c:\winnt\system32\cmd -c \"d:\...\test.bat\""/>
On Windows, unless you are running a binary program - you almost always have to specify the "engine" to use for processing the command script.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
fbuno
thanks for your reply. I will try that and will let you know how it goes.