Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Accessing Value from Data Cube in Chart
kpelzer29
I have a chart that uses data from a Data Cube. I want to create a Drill-through Hyperlink on the chart to pass a value from the Data Cube to the target report. The value I want to pass to the report parameter in the target report is one of the Groups (Dimensions) in the Data Cube (depending on which bar the user clicks on), but is not being displayed the chart. I am receiving an error similiar to the one below when trying to pass the values to the target report:<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>There were errors evaluating script "data["grp_Test/Test"]":<br />
Binding "grp_Test/Test" does not exist. (<inline>#1)</em><br />
<br />
Is there a way I can pass a value in a Data Cube to a target report if the chart does not display the value?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you're using the "display as a chart" feature in a crosstab? Or you're actually using the dataCube as the data for the chart? What data are you using in your chart and how do you tie that value to your dataCube group? Is there a unique key that links a chart dimension value to the crosstab group you want to pass?
kpelzer29
I am actually using a Data Cube as the data for a chart. I have a Data Set with a computed column in it. I have a Data Cube using the Data Set as the Primary dataset with the computed column as one of the Groups (Dimensions). There is another column in the data set I am using as a Group (Dimension) in the same data cube and is being displayed in the chart. I was thinking the two Groups (Dimensions) might be linked together because they are in the same data set and data cube. <br />
<br />
Is there a way I can pass a value in the Data Cube if the Data Cube is used for the chart or does the chart have to display the actual Group (Dimension) in order for me to access and pass the value? <br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="73787" data-time="1298500642" data-date="23 February 2011 - 03:37 PM"><p>
So, you're using the "display as a chart" feature in a crosstab? Or you're actually using the dataCube as the data for the chart? What data are you using in your chart and how do you tie that value to your dataCube group? Is there a unique key that links a chart dimension value to the crosstab group you want to pass?<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Typically a chart only has access to the data that is used in it. I thought you could use the chart interactivity feature to pull in any data from the dataSet though, so if you set up the onClick for the value series to drill through with other data, it could, but I might be mistaken. If you have to, you can always set up persistentGlobalVariables named after the fields used in the chart and store the value you want in the PGV. You definitely can access the PGV value from the chart through script.
What is your BIRT version? I'll have to take a look to be sure.
kpelzer29
I am using BIRT version 2.6.1. Thank you for your help!<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="73878" data-time="1298565584" data-date="24 February 2011 - 09:39 AM"><p>
Typically a chart only has access to the data that is used in it. I thought you could use the chart interactivity feature to pull in any data from the dataSet though, so if you set up the onClick for the value series to drill through with other data, it could, but I might be mistaken. If you have to, you can always set up persistentGlobalVariables named after the fields used in the chart and store the value you want in the PGV. You definitely can access the PGV value from the chart through script.<br />
<br />
What is your BIRT version? I'll have to take a look to be sure.<br /></p></blockquote>
rajani_interwove
<p>
@mwilliams<
;/p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please post an example report which uses a cube for chart and dynamically change the category x-axis.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
<p> </p>
<p>rajanig</p>