Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Flash Chart vs. Flash Object from library
Srividya Sharma
Hi,
I have learnt that there are two ways in which I can insert a flash based chart in my report.
1. By choosing the Flash Chart from the palette and
2. By choosing the Flash Object and selecting a chart from the library
Considering that I am equally comfortable with providing data to the flash chart or to the flash object,
which one should I use?
When do I use a Flash Chart and when do I use a Flash Object (for chart) ?
Thanks,
Srividya Sharma
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you're comfortable with both, it's probably just a personal preference. The chart is probably going to be easier on interactivity and event handling though.
Srividya Sharma
Hi Michael,
What about customization/configuration of the chart itself?
Does the flash chart support all the customizations which the flash object supports?
Thanks,
Srividya Sharma
Srividya Sharma
Hi Michael,
Can you please look at a solution for this also:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21600-link-from-flash-object/
Thanks,
Srividya Sharma
mwilliams
The flash object will probably be more customizable, but it'll probably be a little tougher to configure.