Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting MetaData on file Submit
nickcolorado
Hi,
I am new to workflows and am having a bit of trouble.
I need to have teamsite prompt the user for meta data when they submit files. The functionality would be similar to using the Set MetaData function from the file drop down menu. The submit action in teamsite is currently dictated by the default_submit.wft located in iw-home/local/config/wft/default.
Can anyone tell me how to enable metadata capture upon submitting a file?
Thank you!
Nick
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
I suggest that you use the configurable_default_submit.wft workflow instead.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Take a look at the example workflow tempate file in
<iw-home>/local/config/wft/examples/concurrent_approval_with_metadata.wft
It includes a step which calls metadata capture as a CGI task.
nickcolorado
Thanks for the feedback thus far. I did use the snipet of code found in <iw-home>/local/config/wft/examples/concurrent_approval_with_metadata.wft to update the default_submit.wft workflow to tag files using meta tagger. However, the the code assigns a task to the user, it does not immediately prompt the user with the metadata capture form. I want the flow to be: User submits file -> User is prompted with MetaData capture form (mtmetaproxy.cgi) -> A piece of custom perl code is run to set additional attributes on the file -> The file is submitted.
The current flow of my workflow is user clicks submit -> custom perl code is run to set additional attributes on the file -> the file is submitted.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nick
Adam Stoller
It might help if you could post (as an attachment) the wft in question. However, my guess is that if you do have a cgitask following a usertask owned by the same user, that you may have left off the
immediate="t"
attribute from the cgitask...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)