Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
insert or update Oracle table
Karch
How do I use BIRT to INSERT or UPDATE an Oracle Table? I'm trying to execute a simple INSERT statement but don't know where to begin. I'm only familiar with using the "Data Set" to create simple Select statements.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Karch,
BIRT does not provide a framework to writeback to the database. However you can achieve it through a little bit of scripting and servlet, here is an example:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/717-birt-report-with-database-write-back/
Ashwini
Karch
Thanks for the reply, I've got a good idea how this works but I'm unsure of how to convert the BirtWriteBack.java to look at an Oracle database. Does anyone have an example of this, I'm not a Java developer and getting nowhere guessing. Thanks,
averma
If you work with PHP, birt has a php bridge that can be used.