Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT reports & accessing non maximo - configuration
robbinma
Hello,
I have created a report that has a data source that reads data from an external database as well as Maximo.
Does anyone know how to configure the Maximo server so I only have to put the connection details for the external database on the server?
I need to ensure that we move away from having hard coded database references in the reports.
We have had problems with our Maximo 6/Actuate dev environments because of hard coded database references in the reports.
Thanks,
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
robbinma
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'robbinma'" data-cid="73995" data-time="1298735500" data-date="26 February 2011 - 08:51 AM"><p>
Does anyone know how to configure the Maximo server so I only have to put the connection details for the external database on the server?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I think I have found it.<br />
Goto->Adiministration->Reporting-> Report Administration->Configure Data Sources<br />
New Row.<br />
<br />
Haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will do the job.
bappoo
This doesn't specifically answer the question but it's a nice example of what you can do with BIRT in a Maximo environment.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1328-advanced-formatting-for-maximo-users-and-nonmaximo-users-alike/