Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Executing an Open Deploy script fom workflWorkflow
vinylrecord
I have written a workflow that gives the control to an external task after the sumit task gets executed. I have written the correct iwodstart command that executes fine when executed from command line. Can anyone tell whatz the problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
can you post the command you are trying?
lissa
vinylrecord
/usr/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodstart.ipl CEF_AMAG
This is the command i'm putting inside the command tag
where CEF_AMAG is the name of my OD script
Migrateduser
Instead of iwodstart.ipl try using iwodstart.
I tried this in a workflow and this works. I hope this works for you too
Migrateduser
iwodstart.ipl is a better option to invoke OD from within a workflow.
Even better is the iwodcmd. This is a new CLT made available in OD 5.6 SP1. It is highly recommended to use this CLT to invoke OD from within workflows as it takes care of a whole lot of performance issues.
Hope this helps.
Barcode.docx
Adam Stoller
As has been mentioned, the new iwodcmd CLT in 5.6.0 SP1 is the preferred method to use now - but it might be worth pointing out that "iwodstart.ipl" does not exist in IWODHOME/bin (as you seemed to be referencing it) - it exists in IWODHOME/solutions/perl - and perhaps this is why your externaltask script was failing...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
megamala
We are using OD 5.0.1. I am using Filelist deployment from Workflow. when I run command from external script the deployment is successful but its not deploying any file. If I run same command from Command line then its deploying the files.
Here is my deployment config file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deploymentConfiguration nodeSetFile="$odhome^/etc/odnodes.xml">
<localNode host="$sourcehost^"/>
<replicationFarmSet>
<replicationFarm name="StateServer">
<!-- nodeRef useNode="$sourcehost^"/ -->
<nodeRef useNode="production" />
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
<definition name="DeployToStateServer">
<source>
<sourceFilesystem area="$sourcearea^" filelist="$listfile^" >
<pathSpecification>
<path name="."/>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="StateServer">
<transferRules doDeletes="no" />
<permissionRules user="www" group="www" directory="2775" file="0664"/>
<targetFilesystem area="/home/httpd/htdocs/$agency^"/>
</target>
</definition>
<deployment transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="DeployToStateServer">
<deployNRun>
<dnrDeployment location="source" when="after" state="always">
<script cmd="$iwhome^/local/bin/deploydnr.ipl $task^ $emailmap^ $wfinitiator^" async="no" where="/tmp"/>
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
my $deploy = qq($odhome/bin/iwodstart $deployment -inst "$agency-$wfid" -k "odhome=$odhome" -k "sourcehost=$sourcehost" -k "sourcearea=$sourcearea" -k "agency=$agency" -k "iwhome=$iwhome" -k "task=$taskid" -k "listfile=$filelist" -k "emailmap=$emailmap" -k "wfinitiator=$wfinitiator");
my $result = `$deploy`;
When I run above command from workflow(above command with in a perl file).
TIA
MM Guptha
Adam Stoller
Have you tried having your script print out the actual command being run? Perhaps there's a space or some other character in there somewhere which is affecting the operation of the command?
Also - it would help if you posted sample logs (from command line run, from script run) for folks to look at.
Without that information there isn't really anything that we can do (as far as I can tell)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
megamala
I made small mistake, I forgot to close the file ( close(out)). Now its working fine once I close the file handler.
Thanks
TIA
MM Guptha
dctm_tools_1104638128431070954.log
sp5 correspondence management demo.zip