Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
report runs in preview but not in Viewer
Dave O
I have a report in BIRT 2.6 against a MSSQL 2008R2 view that runs fine in Preview, but throws an error when I try to run it in View. The error message says "Error occurered when generating the report element with ID 133."
Looking at the XML, that is the Dataset.
The parameter to select the desired selection is against the same dataset. It works in both the Preview and Viewer, but then the viewer balks.
Thanks for any help!
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Dave,
So, your parameter to limit your dataSet is selected from the same dataSet that you use for your report? If so, have you tried creating a parameter dataSet that only pulls the field that you want to use for the parameter and then using that value to limit the other dataSet. This may not be it, but it's a start.
Dave O
Thanks mwillaim.
It turns out the dataset parameter view was not bound to the report. I set up the binding in the Binding Property and the report works both in Preview and Viewer.
I will check bindings in the future!
Problem solved.
mwilliams
Great! Glad to hear it's solved. Let us know whenever you have questions!