Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart - how to lose height and width headers?
sbrar
Hi,
I have the attached chart created through BIRT which shows up on my dashboard application...I would like to lose the bit at the top which gives the 'height' and 'width' dimensions as they have no meaning to the users. I cannot find where in the BIRT report design you would do this or if you need to add some script?
Any assistance would be great.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi sbrar,
What version of report designer are you using?
sbrar
Hi,
The version of BIRT Designer is 3.4.2.
Thanks
averma
One clarification: does dimensions show up in dashboard only or does it show up when you run the report in the designer as well? If latter I believe it must be coming though javascript; check the event handlers in the report design to see if the chart title is being set using scripting.
Ashwini
sbrar
Hi,
I can confirm that the dimensions only show up in the dashboard, not the designer.
It may still be an idea to look for this in the script, where abouts would this be?
Thanks
averma
Which dashboard application are you using and what version?
sbrar
Hi,
I am using BIRT Performance Scorecarc Version 9 Service Pack 2 Fix 3.
This is happening on another chart which I believe is an out of the box Measure Trend Chart. Any ideas where the code for this would be?
Thanks
pricher
Hi,
The Height and Width information is added automatically to the Preview Chart window. There is no way to hide this information. Actually, it can become useful when you re-size the chart to know the height and width, especially if you want to save it to the clipboard and embed it in another application.
P.
sbrar
Hi,
I understand that the chart height and width information is uesful to myself as the report developer, however it means nothing to the end users, is there no way this can be deleted (in the report or via script)?...and then that way the white space can be used to make the chart bigger too.
Thanks
pricher
There is no way (script or customization) to remove the height and width information on the chart preview.
P.