Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting error in INSERT queries into the dataBase from BIRT
vijay_kota
Hi All,
I am getting the error while INSERT queries into dataBase,
I am trying to achieve this in dataSet beforeClose event handler.
Attching both stack trace and screen shot of the error.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
The message says that there is a Nullpointer Exception in some of your Java classes.
I copy corresponding lines from the stacktrace:
Caused by: com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script.MXReportRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script.MXReportTxnImpl.save(MXReportTxnImpl.java:115)
vijay_kota
Hi CBR,
Thanks for you Reply.
Yes i am getting that null pointer exception.
But i am wondering why...?
I have not written any java code , i am just making of existing code from maximo.
is there any problem with my code in beforeClose method...?
I have to insert values into both docinfo and doclinks tables during run time in maximo...
Same code i am using before, But it was working then.
But now i am getting this exception...:(
Silerfun
I think the null pointer exception is happening because java is not receiving expected data from function __bm_beforeClose(). Usually in java the very first error message is the problem and that will cause errors to cascade downwards. I would check in your bm_beforeClose() function for errors. If it was working before and now you changed something and it is not now then copy and paste the code from a known working copy to this one and try it again. Also, since you are doing INSERTS into the database make sure the user you are using to do the updates to the database has INSERT rights to the database.