Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Runntime Report Data Source Setting with iServer Express 11
Nam
Please, give me some insight on how I can configure runtime external data source with iServer Express 11.
The configuration console of the iServer Express does not have section to set ConnConfigFile parameter as iPortal does. Yet, your iServer Express manuals still shows how to configure runtime data source using the configuration console.
With iServer Express 10, I did the following to define runtime external data source:
(1) Created DBConfig.xml file for BIRT and eSS reports
(2) Modified acserverconfig.xml to add the following as an attribute on the <Server> tag
ConnConfigFile="PATH_TO_DBConfig.xml_FIEL"
This worked without any problem until I upgraded it to iServer Express 11.
After upgrade, I found out that the version 11 uses <Template> tag instead of <Server> in the asserverconfig.xml file and adding ConnConfigFile attribute on <Template> tag does not have any effect. The deployed reports are not able to access any runtime external data sources defined in DBConfig.xml file.
Pleas advise what has been changed with iServer Express 11 and how I can define this runtime data source with this new version.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Nam,
The configuration console for BIRT iServer - Evaluation version does not offer advanced view and that explains the inconsistency. This attribute belongs to <Template> element and I am not sure why its not working. Can you file a bug report here:
http://ted.birt-exchange.org/
Ashwini