Hi,
Is it possible to modify the xml produced by BIRT when a report is exported to excel using BIRT scripting? I tried adding some javascript code to the afterRender() event of the BIRT report but wasn't able to find out how to access and modify the xml code of the generated excel file. I want to add an xml tag as a child of the <WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"> tag in the exported excel file.
I think another way to modify the xml of the exported excel file would be by customizing the xls emitter. I downloaded the BIRT 2.6 source code and made the appropriate changes in the xls emitter but the modified jar file of the emitter didn't work with the BIRT report designer or web viewer. The export to excel option disappeared when I opened the report designer after putting the modified xls emitter jar file in the plugins folder. I've submitted a request regarding the same in Eclipse's bugzilla -
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=338588
Please help.
Thanks.