Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
page break within nested table
pasc
We are using a report with a nested table. Now the page break never occurs within the nested table. I am guessing it is not possible because it cannot break the detail row of the outer table.
Is it possible to have the report break within the nested table or do I need to redesign the report?
Example: One query gets all the orders and another query gets all the positions within the orders - which is displayed as a nested table.
Now the nested table will always be displayed on the next page if it could only partially fit on the actual page.
How can this be avoided to save space an paper?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?
pasc
Oh yes forgot to mention that: I am using Birt 2.5
mwilliams
I see what you mean in 2.5.2 and I tried it in 2.6.1. I see the same in that version. I am currently downloading 2.6.2 and will try it in there. I have heard there have been improvements on page breaking. I'll let you know.
pasc
Thank you for clarification.
If I do not want that behaviour in 2.5.2, can I make a setting somewhere or do I have to redesign the report, avoiding nested tables?
mwilliams
Ah. I checked everything but the page break inside on each individual detail row. If you select the detail row of the outer table that holds the nested table and change the page break inside setting to auto rather than avoid, you should get your desired output.
pasc
Everything is actually already set to "auto" as it is in the sample report.
I am not sure but I would say that in Birt 2.1 the page break behaved different in that situation.
mwilliams
Hmmm. That is weird, they were on "avoid" in mine. I just redownloaded it and they were not. So, I set the outer table's row to avoid, saved the report, then set them back to auto and saved again, then it worked as expected. This is obviously buggy, but give it a try and see if that works for you.
pasc
Ah perfect that worked. Thank you.
RLie
Hi there,<br />
<br />
I'm also trying to break my report within a nested table, but without succes.<br />
I checked the page break properties of the outer table and the value of <strong class='bbc'>Inside</strong> is set to auto.<br />
<br />
I'm using Birt 2.6<br />
<br />
One more detail. <br />
In my inner table I added a group. Within this group the page break before property is set to always.<br />
I also tried the page break property of the inner table but none of this works.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Raoul
RLie
To be a little more specific ...I'm using Birt 2.6.1
mcremer
As far as I know you cant break a header. (Its just not natural Behavior I think).
The best way to go about this. Is making a separte query, that just has the date you group on and you need to make the inner tabels. So that you can put them in the Detail level. Here you can have a page break after each tabele with no real problem.
mwilliams
Hi Raoul,
Can you recreate what you're seeing with the sample database so I can take a look? Thanks!