Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Optional parameter
Frenkys
Hi,
I would use an optional parameter with a dataset from csv file (Birt Designer 2.6.1). I would like to select all records if parameter = null. I was not able to use the solution "Property binding - Query text" and the script "DataSet - beforeOpen". I'm trying to use a "DataSet - Filters" but even so I have no success, can anyone help me?
I attach a sample report on which I am doing the tests.
Thanks,
Frenkys
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at the attached report. Where you had the "?" in the filter statement, all you need to put is row["parameter"]. So, if the filter value is null, the row value just has to be equal to itself to show, which would be all of them. Hope this helps.
Frenkys
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74317" data-time="1299253791" data-date="04 March 2011 - 08:49 AM"><p>
Take a look at the attached report. Where you had the "?" in the filter statement, all you need to put is row["parameter"]. So, if the filter value is null, the row value just has to be equal to itself to show, which would be all of them. Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks you very much
<br />
Frenkys.
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!