Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Not asking for upgrade option
yellap78
We are currently using rptfiles created using birt designer 2.2.0 version. When I try to open them in birt designer 2.6.2.
Sometimes it asks for "do you want to upgrade to current....." in that it works okay ( Of course I get some other errors).
But sometime it don't even ask for upgrade option, then nothing works..
Why it is not consistent. Please help what I am missing..
Thanks,
YA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi YA,
Do the reports open and just not work? Or do they not even open?
yellap78
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74334" data-time="1299282117" data-date="04 March 2011 - 04:41 PM"><p>
Hi YA,<br />
<br />
Do the reports open and just not work? Or do they not even open?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
After upgrading to latest version (2.6.2) (by simply accepting the alert popped up by Report designer), it runs but throws one exception after another,<br />
<br />
Based on the forum's experience, I am trying to find out a clean way to upgrade the existing birt report from 2.2.0 to 2.6.2.<br />
<br />
Can I get some ideas..<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
YA
mwilliams
YA,
The best way to upgrade is to keep your old setup, copy your workspace to use with 2.6.2 so you can keep good running copies of your reports in 2.2.0 where you had them, then slowly check which ones need to be changed. There have been many changes between these versions, some of them major that cause issues with using the same report in the newest version. For these, you might have to just recreate your report if you can't resolve the errors in the old report. The upgrades from 2.2.0 to 2.6.2 should be worth it though, I would think.