Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Export to Excel in BIRT
srijit
Hi,<br />
I am using <strong class='bbc'>org.uguess.birt.report.engine.emitter.xls_version </strong> and <strong class='bbc'>org.uguess.birt.report.engine.common_version </strong> plugins for my EXCEL export option. This exports the report as an image. My client requires an excel that could be worked upon and supports all functionalities of a normal Excel sheet(filters, sorting option etc.). How do i achieve this? If i have to use some other plugin, please tell me the steps to follow on how to use the plugin and where to find the plugin. This is a very critical requirement and it would be helpful if someone could help me at the earliest.<br />
<br />
Thank YOu.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Srijith.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Srijith,
You would probably have to edit the current emitters to handle this for open source BIRT. I think the XLS emitter in Actuate BIRT can do formulas and such, but you'd have to upgrade to the commercial version for that.
srijit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74406" data-time="1299537899" data-date="07 March 2011 - 03:44 PM"><p>
Srijith,<br />
<br />
You would probably have to edit the current emitters to handle this for open source BIRT. I think the XLS emitter in Actuate BIRT can do formulas and such, but you'd have to upgrade to the commercial version for that.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thank You Willams.<br />
<br />
1. By upgrading to commercial version, do you mean that i have to upgrade my BIRT version?<br />
2. If I have to edit the current emitters, can you please tell me what exactly i should do?<br />
3. The person who was working on this before me had removed the below two plugins and added the 2 plugins mentioned in my previous post, for excel export to be an image.<br />
<strong class='bbc'>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.config_version and org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel_version plugins </strong>. <br />
Do these plugins come along with BIRT? If so, will reverting back to these 2 plugins solve the problem. I tried searching for these plugins on the Internet. couldnt find them.<br />
<br />
Thank You.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Srijith.
mwilliams
1. No, there is an open source version of BIRT (Eclipse BIRT) and a pay for version of BIRT through Actuate. You can download a free limited time trial below if you want to check out the commercial version:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/products/birt-design/birt-designer-pro/features/
2. I have not edited the emitters myself, so I would be in the same place as you, here.
3. I don't believe that moving back to the standard emitters will help. That would also move you back to not being able to ouput images.