Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Whitespace property
rtruban
Hello,
Is there a way to set the default to 'Normal' for the 'Whitespace' property for all report elements? It is set to 'No Wrapping' now and 99.99 percent of the time I prefer not to have my data cut off. I poked around in preferences and found nothing.
Thanks in advance,
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rob,
What version are you using? In 2.6.2, I see "Normal" as being the default in all cases, except when a dataSet is drug into the layout window, then the table is "normal" and the data elements are "no wrapping". However, if you drag a data element over from the palette, it's "normal". So, it seems to be just for the data elements inside a table using the auto creation by dragging and dropping. At least in 2.6.2, that is. Let me know what you see.
rtruban
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74402" data-time="1299536395" data-date="07 March 2011 - 03:19 PM"><p>
Hi Rob,<br />
<br />
What version are you using? In 2.6.2, I see "Normal" as being the default in all cases, except when a dataSet is drug into the layout window, then the table is "normal" and the data elements are "no wrapping". However, if you drag a data element over from the palette, it's "normal". So, it seems to be just for the data elements inside a table using the auto creation by dragging and dropping. At least in 2.6.2, that is. Let me know what you see.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Michael,<br />
<br />
I am using 2.6.1, downloading 2.6.2 now. But 2.6.1 behaves the same way you describe. It's the data elements inside of a table that are defaulting to 'no wrapping'. It would just be easier if I could change the default once and not have to go change the property everytime.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Rob
mwilliams
Rob,
Yeah, I'm not sure why this is the default. You might check the bugs and see if there is a complaint/bug out for this already. If not, you might submit one and see what they say for that being the only element that defaults to that.