Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Word wrap
Geeta B
Hi All,
I have below requirement:
I want to display user's first name and last name in following format
First Name: <first name> Last name: <last name>
At run time this should look some thing like
First name: John Last name: Mathew
But when First name is very long I want Last name: <last name> to come on second line.
Ex.
First name: Some long nameSome long name
Last name: Short last name
How do I do this?
Thanks
GeetaB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
Hi Geeta,
The easiest way is to create the 2 scenarios in your report and use the Visibility attribute to hide one or the other scenario.
In the attached example, I have a table with 2 detail rows. In the first detail row, I display first name and last name in one text item. In the second detail row, I display first name and last name in two separate text items inside a grid. On the first detail row, I have added a visibility rule to hide that row when CONTACTFIRSTNAME is greater than 6 characters in length. In the second detail row, the rule is to hide the row when CONTACTFIRSTNAME is less than or equal to 6 characters in length.
Hope this helps!
P.
Geeta B
pricher,
Apologies for such a late reply. It worked.
Thanks
Geeta B