Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get BirtException when deploy under a EAR file
Jliu
Hi Birt Experts,
I got a problem when starting JBoss and have my WebApplication (which uses BIRT) deployed under my .ear file. I have tested the WAR file separately and it works fine, but I have to deploy it under my EAR file to leverage our framework. Any help will be appreciated! This is pretty urgent for me.
thanks!
Jane
The exceptions are copied here.
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:92)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(ReportEngineService.java:320)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContext(BirtViewerReportService.java:1022)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:148)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.ja
va:243)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.j
ava:122)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
2011-03-07 15:59:15,050 ERROR [STDERR] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Are you using the RE API to startup BIRT? If so are you using a PlatformServletContext?
Jason
Jliu
hmmmmm, I don't know what is RE API, but I don't think that's what I used. I used the JSP tag <birt:viewer ../> to include my report design file on a JSP page. that's all.
Did I miss any JAR file or configuration?
thanks,
Jane
Jliu
Oh, I figured out this one. Turns out, I missed out some folder when I deploy it under my EAR file. Now that at least I no longer get that exception. But I run into another issue when run the report. I have a separate post here:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21790-got-exception-when-run-a-report/
Appreciate it if you can help answer that.
Thanks,
Jane