Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Performing a calculation with aggregations from different data sets
mark_h
Hi
I am trying to create a report which uses a the count aggregate of 2 separate datasets. The datasets are nested within another table, and parameters are passed to the datasets from the outer table. The datasets have no data in common, so are not easy to join within Birt.
I have created the count aggregates and they are bound to unique column bindings, each within their own data element. I have tried placing the 2 data elements into a nested grid and nested table, to see if I can access the column bindings from a third data element where the calcualtion is to be performed, but the column bindings are not visible.
The calculated values and the aggregates are useful for other report elements, so I would like to bind them to some type of "global" column bindings so they can be used elsewhere in the table.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mark_h,
You should be able to store the values into persistentGlobalVariables and then recall those later to add them together.
Hope this helps.