Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sorting in groups
Adrien P.
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am new on the BIRT Forum and I hope you can help me find a solution on a problem I have been struggling for a few days now.<br />
<br />
You will find attached an example of what I would like to do.<br />
<br />
So far, I have created multiple Groups:<br />
-Group1 for level1<br />
-Group2 for level2<br />
-Group3 for level3<br />
<br />
On each group, I have added a sort (descending) on the column <strong class='bbc'>return</strong>.<br />
<br />
However, it seems like BIRT takes into account only the sort on the last Group (level3).<br />
<br />
The sorts are applied at a group level and not at a Table level.<br />
If I sort by return at a table level, it does not change anything.<br />
<br />
If any of you can help me on this, it would be great.<br />
Please do not hesitate if you need clarifications on the situation.<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot.<br />
Adrien.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Adrien,
Where are you putting your sort condition? Can you recreate your issue with the sample database and post it in here?
Adrien P.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for answering.
For each group, I put the sort condition in the Sort Tab within each Group screen (see picture attached).
What do you mean by "the sample database"?
Thanks for all your help Michael.
Adrien.
mwilliams
Adrien,
Try placing your sorts on the actual table, rather than on the group. The sample database is the "ClassicModels" database that comes with BIRT. If you go to create a new dataSource, you'll see this database as an option to choose.
Adrien P.
Michael,
I tried to place the sort on the table.
The problem is, when I do so, it sorts only the last group.
Let say I have two groups (level1 and level2), the sort will be applied on level2 but not anymore on level1.
I will try to recreate my issue using the sample database. Not sure I will be able to do it though.
Thanks again.
Adrien.
pricher
Adrien,
I don't know why this is not working for you. Attached is a design that uses the Sample database. It has 3 groups, Country, City, Product Line, each group sorted descending by Qty. Take a look: maybe there is something amiss with your design.
P.
Siva Subramanian
<p>Hi I'm also using multiple groups but I need to sorting the table.I used hyperlink drill-through method but it's not working while using multiple groups.in single group it's working fine so give me the solution for that issue</p>