Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break Issues
dan3874
I have a report and in the body of that report I pull in three different tables. Everything works reasonably well until the data in the tables runs it to where one of the tables begins too near the page break. Then part of the table will at times cover part of the page footer. I have tried setting the always choice for page break before and after the tables, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried increasing the space saved for the page footer, and it helps sometimes, but seems hit or miss.
While I would prefer that the page break was smart enough to not bust a table in two if it didn't need to, I would settle for it never letting the contents of the report sit on top of the page footer!
Please help!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version and can you reproduce this with the sample database at all so I can see it and work with it?
dan3874
I fixed the issue, but don't completely understand how/why it happened. I was researching the page break solutions I was finding that required scripting. I don't understand the scripting well, and thought surely this is a fairly simple thing and BIRT should handle it without having to go through huge and complicated procedures.
So, I experimented and found this change worked! Originally I had dropped multiple tables and grids directly into the header section of list. That was the state in which the problem was happening. All I did was place all that stuff inside a grid (each in it's own row) in the header section of a list. Then for each row I told it to avoid page breaks inside that row and what the master page was!
Now it acts like I think it should. Now, if the next row in the original grid will have a page break, it drops to the next page instead. If it won't have a page break it drops on into that page.
Thanks for being willing to look at this for me!
mwilliams
Glad you got it solved! If you have time to try to reproduce this with the sample database, I'd still be interested in seeing the bug happen. You might also log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
and let them know what you did to get around the issue.