Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dd form
rmendonsa
There is a dd_form Actuate report that has to be re-created in birt 2.3.2 using the same dimensions and has to be identical. The form size in Actuate is as follows.
The Width: 7.5 inches and
Height: 4.25 inches
There are 52 line drawn columns on the Actuate report.
Questions.
1) Can this report be recreated in BIRT to be exactly the same as the Actuate report?
2) If you add a grid within a table in BIRT to be used as columns, the width of the report increases. The lowest grid column size is 0.208 inches. Is there another way to create this report?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you explain more about the setup of the report and what it shows?
rmendonsa
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74576" data-time="1299859308" data-date="11 March 2011 - 09:01 AM"><p>
Can you explain more about the setup of the report and what it shows?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Michael,<br />
<br />
I am attaching a copy of the Actuate form. Hopefully, that should provide you with a better insight into what I am trying to accomplish. I need to re-create the form in BIRT and make it identical to the Actuate one. Thanks for your help.
mwilliams
Does this form need to be within a table so that it can be repeated within the same report? Or is a report only run for a single record? I can make a grid that has 2 rows and 52 columns sized to 7.5 inches wide, no problem. I would think you could recreate this setup using only grids unless there is a table of records that needs to be displayed in the report.
rmendonsa
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74583" data-time="1299864938" data-date="11 March 2011 - 10:35 AM"><p>
Does this form need to be within a table so that it can be repeated within the same report? Or is a report only run for a single record? I can make a grid that has 2 rows and 52 columns sized to 7.5 inches wide, no problem. I would think you could recreate this setup using only grids unless there is a table of records that needs to be displayed in the report.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
The form does not have to be within a table. I tried it with just a grid as well, but, wasn't successful in getting it within the dimesions that are required.
mwilliams
Can you recreate your issue with a csv file of data and a report or just a report with filled labels so I can see exactly what you're working with and how you're setting it up? I was using 2.6.1 when I tested the first time and it looked correct in the design window. In 2.3.2, it doesn't look correct in the design window, but in the PDF output, it does look like the correct size. I'm guessing I won't understand your sizing issue until I see it, so if you can make that happen, it'd help a lot.