Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sum up 2 integer numbers from 2 datasets
zzhang
Hi,
I got number A from dataset1
I got number B from dataset2
How could I output A+B in my report?
It is pretty easy in excel, just do a sum of 2 cells...
But how to do this in Birt Designer??
Thanks a lot,
Ziyang
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
Hi,<br />
<br />
The best and easiest way would be to have a common field between the two data sets and create a joint data set using that common field. If that's not possible, take a look at what I just posted under this thread. It might help you.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21816-calculate-values-from-two-table-cells/'>Post</a><br
/>
<br />
P.
zzhang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'pricher'" data-cid="74626" data-time="1300127008" data-date="14 March 2011 - 11:23 AM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
The best and easiest way would be to have a common field between the two data sets and create a joint data set using that common field. If that's not possible, take a look at what I just posted under this thread. It might help you.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/21816-calculate-values-from-two-table-cells/'>Post</a><br
/>
<br />
P.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you so much Pricher, this is what exactly I did. Create a common field and then use a join.<br />
Some easy things are big hassles in Birt....:)<br />
<br />
Thanks!!!