Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Exporting to xls
NewToNg
Hi,
I've some kind of problem when I'm trying to export report from Birt Viewer to *.xls. For example I've created simples as possible report which conteins one dataset, and one table 3 columns and 1 detail row.
Query from dataset:
[sql]
SELECT Nvl((end_date - start_date), 0) AS time
FROM tae_etap
WHERE
extract (YEAR FROM end_date) = 2010
AND extract (month FROM end_date) = 2
AND end_date IS NOT NULL
AND start_date IS NOT null
[/sql]
And binding it to one cell in detail row:
dataSetRow["time"]
Report generating correctly, data are correctly too. I brows report in web viewer, from there I'm exporting report to my_file.xls and when trying to open it error appears: File is corrupted and cannot be opened.
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance
Regards Marcin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
NewToNg
Solved!
It looks like excel had problem with precision, after correct the data set to:
[sql]
SELECT Trunc(Nvl((end_date - start_date), 0), 3) AS time
FROM tae_etap
WHERE
extract (YEAR FROM end_date) = 2010
AND extract (month FROM end_date) = 2
AND end_date IS NOT NULL
AND start_date IS NOT null
[/sql]
evrything works fine.