Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Actuate 11 Report Parameter Display Text
kpelzer29
In Actuate 11, I have a report parameter (single-select) that uses a List Box for the display type and the selection list values are dynamically populated using a data set. I set the select value column of the List Box to the ID and the display text to the actual value from the data set.
I am using a Dynamic Text element in the report layout to display the display text of the value selected from the List Box. The first time I run the report, the value displayed for the report parameter's display text is correct. If I run the report more than once in the Web Viewer, the value returned for the report variable's display text changes to null. Is there something I should be doing differently?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is this just from the Actuate 11 designer? Or from your deployment too? It might be just a weird caching issue that you wouldn't see in the deployment.
kpelzer29
I have tried publishing the report to iServer and I still have the same problem. However, if I change the dynamic text element to return the parameter value (ID) instead of display text, the ID displays each time I run the report. <br />
<br />
Since the ID value is returned each time, I created a copy of the data set used to populate the List Box and added a computed column to the copy. I put in the expression for the computed column:<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>if (params["rep_parameter1"].value == row["ID])<br />
{<br />
vars["rep_parameter1_Display_Text"] = row["TestValue"]<br />
} <br />
vars["rep_parameter1_Display_Text"];</em><br />
<br />
I also put a table bound to the data set with the computed column above the dynamic text element that displays the report variable <em class='bbc'>vars["rep_parameter1_Display_Test"]</em> in the report layout. This seems to work, but do you know why I can't just use <em class='bbc'>params["rep_parameter1"].displayText</em>?<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74722" data-time="1300287574" data-date="16 March 2011 - 07:59 AM"><p>
Is this just from the Actuate 11 designer? Or from your deployment too? It might be just a weird caching issue that you wouldn't see in the deployment.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
This sounds very buggy to me. You might file a bug for this. I'll have to see if the same issue happens with the open source equivalent, 2.6.2, and let you know. Have you tried storing the display text to a variable in your initialize script or something and then using the variable rather than the params["paramName"].displayText? Maybe that would get around it? Just a thought.
kpelzer29
Thank you for your help! I just tried storing the display text to a global variable in the report's initialize script and I seem to have the same problem. Let me know if you have any problems. If you do not have any problems using params["paramName"].displayText in 2.6.2, where should I file a bug report for this since it would be in Actuate 11?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="74740" data-time="1300295336" data-date="16 March 2011 - 10:08 AM"><p>
This sounds very buggy to me. You might file a bug for this. I'll have to see if the same issue happens with the open source equivalent, 2.6.2, and let you know. Have you tried storing the display text to a variable in your initialize script or something and then using the variable rather than the params["paramName"].displayText? Maybe that would get around it? Just a thought.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
If the same problem is in 2.6.2, I'd file it with Eclipse because Actuate BIRT is built on top of Eclipse BIRT, so it would probably be fixed in Actuate BIRT once it's fixed in Eclipse BIRT.