Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
This DCR is not a hole
webby
TS 5.5.2 SP3 running on Solaris 2.7
Frequent entry (error ?) in the /var/log/iw/iwui/servletd.log:
"This DCR is not a hole"
If it's not a "hole", what is it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think a hole represents a file that once existed in a workarea and was submitted but now does not exist in the workarea. I am pretty sure you can disregard this message. I think this is an internal interwoven debugging message that should have been removed/disabled before the release build.
If it's not a hole I think it's a file or directory that exists in the workarea, or a file that was never submitted and has been deleted from the workarea.
tvaughan
Ignore it -- That's just some left over debugging statements that TeamSite spits out when it is operating on templates. I think it is carped every time there's a DCR submit, but I could be wrong.
If your question is "what is a hole", that is just the term Interwoven applies to deleted files in a WORKAREA that haven't yet been submitted to STAGING. I guess the term for "non-hole" is "file" . . .although I guess "directory" may also be appropriate (though something tells me directory deletions are handled differently than file deletions in the backing store).
Hope that helps
Tom