Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to connect to SQL Server 2005
mstaniloiu
I am having trouble writing the URL for a SQL Server 2005 database when creating a data source for a BIRT report. The URL I have written looks like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://host:port;databasename=name;user=userName;password=yourPwd</pre>
<br />
I placed the sqljdbc.jar (jdbc 3.0) in the following location:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1.v20100909/drivers</pre>
<br />
When I press the "Test Connection" button in the "Edit Data Source" dialog I get the following error:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>The selected driver cannot parse the given url.</pre>
<br />
Can you give me any hints on how to solve this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you sure you've got the correct URL for your driver?