Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
List Box Parameter is empty
Galilee
Eclipse 3.4.2 BIRT 2.3.2 I created a List Box dynamic parameter and set its property with a "labor" dataset to filter "workorder" dataset report. I can populate "Default value" field from <select value> pulldown list on the param property window. At runtime, the box is empty. What do I miss? Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
Hi,
Maybe stating the obvious but did you actually put a default value for the parameter?
P.
Galilee
I found a sample, almost similar with that of Pricher's, from this Forum which use the "Classic Model Inc. Sample DB Driver" (ODA Data Source) and the list box is populated at runtime. In my case I am using Script Data Source and the list box is not populated at runtime. I have both the open and fetch scripts work because I can preview the dataset and do <select value> in the parameter property window. Anyone can help me what I miss?
Galilee
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'pricher'" data-cid="74978" data-time="1300913308" data-date="23 March 2011 - 01:48 PM"><p>
Hi,<br />
<br />
Maybe stating the obvious but did you actually put a default value for the parameter?<br />
<br />
P.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I put a default value by selecting from the pulldown list. -G
mwilliams
Can you recreate this with a simple scripted dataSet that I can run?
Enrico
Hi there,
I think this question is still open. Well I have the same problem, when using a scripted data source. Taking a look into on the preview of the dataSet it shows a lot of values, but when running the report the DropDown field remains empty! :unsure:
Just the Default values shows up....
When I don't use a scripted Data Source it works perfect.
Any idea why it doesn't work to fill a "List Box" parameter at runtime, using a scripted data source?
Greetings
mwilliams
Have you tried deploying the report to see if you see the same when running outside of the designer? I remember there being some bug with parameters and scripted dataSets, but I'm not sure what it was all about. Let me know. Also, are you using 2.3.2 as well? Or a newer version? If you can recreate this with a simple scripted dataSet in a sample report that I can run and test and let me know your BIRT version, I'll take a look.
paulk
I found the issue (after weeks of annoyance) and can reproduce this issue with 2.3.2. I did not try on any other version.
It occurs when you reference a variable/object in the open/fetch event of your scripted dataset that is defined in the report initialize script. The report initialize event does not occur before the parameter page so the dataset has an invalid reference and returns nothing. You have to define all variables locally in the dataset from which your parameter is pulling from.
This was my problem anyways.
mwilliams
paulk is correct on this. I ran into this same issue last week, actually. If this isn't the problem in your case, Enrico, let me know.
Enrico
Hi there!
Thx a lot, you are right. I was able to reproduce and fix it!