Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Engine Home
jha
Hi<br />
<br />
is it possible to set the engine home to an UNC-Path?<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
config.setBIRTHome("\\\\share\\BirtRuntime");
Platform.startup(config);
</pre>
<br />
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Should work. I tried on my machine:
config.setBIRTHome("\\\\mymachine\\sharedfolder\\ReportEngine");
The process should have write permission on the share.
Jason
jha
I also tried this but it did not work for me.<br />
<br />
My stacktrace is the following..<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Can not startup the OSGI framework
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:91)
at my.app.birt.BirtReportGenerator.<init>(BirtReportGenerator.java:72)
at my.app.birt.BirtReportGenerator.getInstance(BirtReportGenerator.java:64)
at my.app.Main.main(Main.java:73)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.CoreException
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:79)
... 3 more
</pre>
<br />
and this is the code (same as in the initial post) that belongs to the stacktrace<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Line 70: EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
Line 71: config.setBIRTHome("\\\\share\\BirtRuntime");
Line 72: Platform.startup(config);
</pre>
JasonW
I had to specify the machine name first. Not certain if this is what made if work for me. Also the share must have write permission.
Jason
jha
Hi JasonW<br />
<br />
The machine where the Birt Runtime is is called wawi.<br />
So the code has do be<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
config.setBIRTHome("\\\\wawi\\BirtRuntime");
Platform.startup(config);
</pre>
right?<br />
<br />
Although the share \\wawi\\BirtRuntime has write permission to everyone it is not working.<br />
<br />
btw I am using BIRT 2.6.0
JasonW
can you try to map a drive to the share and use the mapped drive?
Jason
jha
Hi JasonW,
if I map a drive to the share BIRT is started successfully.
Unfortunately I need to set it as a UNC-Path cause not everyone has mapped the share
JasonW
The BIRT runtime uses standard Java File I/O which should work a share as long as the share is public in your network with write access. I am not certain what is causing the issue. After you did the mapped drive could you change the code back to the UNC for the share and run it again? Make sure to leave the drive mapped for permissions. This is just a test.
Jason
jha
Hi JasonW
this solution worked for me...
I've done some further testing unmapping the mapped drive and it is still working. I logged out and in again and tried it with \\wawi\BirtRuntime and it worked WITHOUT mapping a drive.
It seems like I've done something wrong before.
Hopefully this will work for our customers too ^^
Thanks for your support