Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Extra Page upon not choosing an option
skananth
Hi,
I need some help with this issue. I have 5 pages in my report design. Each of them corresponds to a selection made by the user to view that particular section. When the user unchecks the option that is present in the last page, even though no contents are displayed, I get an extra page in there. I however don't see this happen if any other option is unchecked.
I have been breaking my head for quite sometime with this now. Any suggestions on this?
Thanks,
skananth.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi skananth,
I'm not sure I'm understanding completely. Is there any way you can recreate your issue with the sample database and attach it in here?
skananth
Hey Williams,
I an afraid I wouldn't be able to post my report here. I could probably get more descriptive here and explain as to what I am facing.
I have 4 objects and each object is designed in the BIRT template. The user can select to view details about any/all of these objects. When the user deselects the last option, the 4th it so happens that there is an empty page in the report. No report parameters are printed since I set their visibility to false if the user has not selected this option. However, I do get a blank page in the place. This does not happen if I deselect any other report. Is there a way to get away with this blank page?
Thanks,
skananth.
mwilliams
What I wanted was for you to reproduce the issue with the Classic Models sample database that comes with BIRT and attach that report in here. Usually an empty last page means that an element in the report is sized too large for the report and pushes out to a new page just slightly, so nothing shows. Are you just hiding a table if a parameter is not selected? If so, have you thought about trying to actually drop the unneeded elements instead.