Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to detect flash support?
lexthang
I saw some Javascript about doing this on a regular HTML page. However I wonder if there's any built-in support for flash detection inside BIRT. From what I notice, when there's no flash support, there's an error message saying 'Error Loading Chart. Please try again!' So it seems there's some default behavior when flash is not detected, and that error message about chart is shown. (That error message has to come from BIRT, since no other party would know it was a chart)
Is there a way I can change that error message to something more appropriate? Or better still, prompt for some Flash installation?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you are using Actuate BIRT, or did you create your own flash charting in the open source version?
lexthang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="75087" data-time="1301325747" data-date="28 March 2011 - 08:22 AM"><p>
So, you are using Actuate BIRT, or did you create your own flash charting in the open source version?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I just realize we use some special flash charting instead of the standard flash chart. So the question is irrelevant. But thanks anyway.