Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dynamic search parameter
birtprofi
Hi guys,
maybe someone knows the answer. I would like to suggest dynamic values of a dateset in the report viewer parameter section. At the time I could choose different values on the parameter page. (for example as "List Box)
This works fine, but I have the problem, that I have more then 1000 values. Now it is very complicated for the user to find the correct value.
Is it possible to have a dynamic search parameter?
For example:
If I type 'A', the report parameter should show me every value, that begin with 'A'
If I type 'An' the report parameter should show me erver value, that begin with 'An'
Best regards
Rafael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pboos
Hello Rafael,
You can do this by creating a filter on the table level and specifying its value as params["SearchParam"].value + '%' if you want everything that begins with ?At? for example. I attached an example report created in BIRT 2.3.0. Let me know how this works for you.
birtprofi
Hello pboos,
thanks for your reply. No I am sorry, that is not exactly what I want, but it?s a good way.
Please guys look to my screenshot. Maybe could I solve this with a cascading parameter? But the problem with cascading parameter is, that I have to use data sets and could not use only text fields.
Do you have any idea?
kind regards
Rafael
birtprofi
Hi guys,
short question. Actuate 11 have now a Parameter text field - auto suggest.
Could I use a parameter with autosuggest or autocomplete also with birt 2.6.2
Please give me your ideas.