Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Actuate iServer Express PermGen error's
mcremer
Gooday,
We are using the Actuate iServer Express 11 for a client. And were slowly edging towards batch processing. Now were getting some jobs failing with a status Expression PermGen space.
Now I have been searching the forum and found a tread that points out that i should set the Perm size higher of the iServer. However this option to set environment for the Java Virtual machine is not available in the iServer Express configuration Console. Were can I find the ini file to set the environment for pmd11.exe.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi mcreamer,<br />
The config file that defines this property is acserverconfig.xml. Usually this file is in [Install Dir]/iServer/data/config folder. You will need to add StartArguments to the ServerResourceGroupSetting tag element, here is an example:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<ServerResourceGroupSetting
Name="Default BIRT Online"
Activate="TRUE"
StartArguments="-Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.actuate.javaserver.protocol com.actuate.javaserver.Server"/>
</pre>
<br />
Ashwini
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="75049" data-time="1301089401" data-date="25 March 2011 - 02:43 PM"><p>
Hi mcreamer,<br />
The config file that defines this property is acserverconfig.xml. Usually this file is in [Install Dir]/iServer/data/config folder. You will need to add StartArguments to the ServerResourceGroupSetting tag element, here is an example:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<ServerResourceGroupSetting
Name="Default BIRT Online"
Activate="TRUE"
StartArguments="-Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.actuate.javaserver.protocol com.actuate.javaserver.Server"/>
</pre>
<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Ashwini,<br />
<br />
Thanks for the reply but i'm afraid it wasn't in the acserverconfig.xml. (that XML parameter does not exsist.<br />
<br />
However I found a file that containts some java params:<br />
<br />
Namly the acpmdconfig.xml in the <Installed Programs Folder>\Actuate11\iSerer\etc\acpmdconfig.xml.<br />
<br />
Here you can find the folowing settings:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><ServletContainer>
<Startup>Auto</Startup>
<JavaOpts
Args="-server -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:AppendRatio=3"/>
<!-- default <JavaOpts
Args="-Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"/> -->
</ServletContainer></pre>
<br />
If I change the settings I see this having effect on the java.exe that pmd11.exe starts up as a nested process. (I am still tuning this because if I go over the 1024m for xms and max perm size windows 2008 seems to kill the process).<br />
<br />
I also find it strange the -server parameter for this process is not set witch makes it work better for a server application.